Sunday, December 21, 2008

A Consolation

When in disgrace with fortune and men's eyes

I all alone beweep my outcast state,

And trouble deaf heaven with my bootless cries,

And look upon myself, and curse my fate;


Wishing me like to one more rich in hope,

Featured like him, like him with friends possest,

Desiring this man's art, and that man's scope,

With what I most enjoy contented least;


Yet in these thoughts myself almost despising,

Haply I think on Thee-and then my state,

Like to the lark at break of day arising

From sullen earth, sings hymns at heaven's gate;


For thy sweet love remember'd, such wealth brings,

That then I scorn to change my state with kings.

W. Shakespeare

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

buddy!

Naeema Akram-Jehanzeb said...

I love this one :)

Thanks for posting.